Welcome to the Pequannock Township Kindergarten Registration page. Pequannock Township School District is made up of three elementary schools. School assignments will be made in June and parents will be notified at that time. School assignment is based on special education needs and enrollment numbers. It is not based on location. Please see Board Policy # 5120 for further information.
Our procedure for Kindergarten Registration will be as follows:
- All registrations can be completed online using the pre-registration link and then sending the supporting documents as PDFs to email@example.com [use the subject line: K Registration (last name)].
- When completing the online Pre-registration survey (here), continue clicking the "Next" button until all information is entered and questions answered and then click the Submit button to send the information to the district.
- All required documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Board of Education office drop box in the vestibule of the Pompton Plains Post Office. Submit all documents by June 1st.
- Required Supporting Documents for registration are:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Three proofs of residency (see Residency tab for more information)
- Most recent physical and proof of immunizations
- Kindergarten packet - one for each child
- IEP or 504, if applicable
- Custody papers, if applicable
Please have all registration documentation to the Board of Education office by June 1st. If your child has a physical in the summer, please submit the most recent physical and immunizations by June 1st and send the updated physical and immunizations after the summer appointment.
Please be aware that any initial determination of the student's eligibility to attend school in this district is subject to more thorough review and subsequent re-evaluation, and that tuition may be assessed in the event that an initially admitted student is later found ineligible. If your student is found ineligible, now or later, you will be provided the reasons for our decision and instructions on how to appeal.
If you have any questions please contact:
Mrs. Colleen Smith
973-616-6040 ext. 1008