Skip To Main Content

Gifted & Talented Enrichment

In compliance with N.J.A.C 6A:8-3.1, Pequannock Township School District provides enrichment opportunities for students seeking to engage in additional activities and learning opportunities beyond that of the general curriculum. 

Elementary Enrichment Program

For students in grades K - 5, students are identified through a variety of assessments to determine eligibility to participate in Social Studies, Science, ELA, and Math enrichment. Using data from an InView cognitive assessment, NJSLA, LinkIt! benchmarks, and I-Ready assessments, the Renzulli checklist, as well as teacher/principal recommendations, eligible students are identified and invited to participate in the enrichment program. Parents are then notified of their child's eligibility and will make the final determination whether their child participates in the before school enrichment program. Participation is not required. 

It is important to note that each student's academic journey can take many paths, most of which are not linear. Student growth and development can ebb and flow depending on many factors. Therefore, eligibility to participate in the program may change from year to year and from subject to subject. 

For more information about the Gifted & Talented program for grades K-5, please contact your child's teacher or principal. 

Grades 6 - 12

Through enhanced and enriched embedded resources and modifications in the 6-12 curricula, students are able to enroll in enriched or Honors level courses offered in PV and the HS.  In the middle school, administration, teachers, and guidance counselors review student past performance in order to assess their potential for success in enriched ELA and Math classes.  At the High School, students have an array of Honors and Advanced Placement courses to choose from and are encouraged to challenge themselves, especially if they find the coursework easy or exciting for them. 

For more information about the enriched courses at PV or the High School, please contact your child's guidance counselor.